The idea of launching the Czech Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan (CCCIJ) has been for quite a while before its establishment in 2013. After discussion between Embassy of the Czech Republic in Tokyo and a few members representing Czech businesses active in Japan we officially formed the Chamber's Preparatory Committee and started the preparations for final approval of our Constitution which was finally permitted by registration at Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) on June 27th, 2014.
The aim of the CCCIJ is to foster economic exchanges between the nations of Japan and the Czech republic, particularly in the area of trade. In order to realize this aim the new chamber of commerce will work to establish ties with the governments of Japan and the Czech republic, key parties in the EU and prominent business leaders.
The main activities of the Czech Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan are:
1. Promote economic exchange between Japan and the Czech Republic
2. Collect and analyze relevant materials, analyze the Japanese economy, economic trends and
dynamics, collect and edit materials significant for the economic development of both countries
3. Conduct educational activities
4. Conduct political activities targeting the governments and economic organizations of Japan and
the the Czech Republic
5. Promote the mutual exchange of information with other chambers of commerce in Japan regarding
economic conditions and market environments
6. Provide Japanese economic organizations and corporations with information about trade with
the Czech Republic
The Czech Chamber of Commerce and Industry is looking for a new members. Regular membership is open to all corporations, economic organizations and individuals, both inside and outside Japan. The representatives of corporations and organizations are welcomed.
The Czech Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan will hold Annual General Meeting in March every year, and event will be followed by a party for all members, observers and guests. Both events will be held at the Embassy of the the Czech Republic in Tokyo.
We are looking forward to see all of you on our events and activities.